Delivering Value Through Innovation
The pace of change in the legal marketplace shows no sign of slowing down and sticking to historic delivery models no longer provides the value clients expect. We recognise that clients buy outcomes not hours, and they expect efficient delivery of those outcomes.
Understanding your needs
Understanding the issues you face, the problem you need solving or your desired outcome is our first step in delivering a value for money solution to you.
For example, our process improvement specialist will explore areas of inefficiency, we will use data analytics to identify areas of risk, or utilise our early case assessment methodologies.
Engineering your customised solution
Once we have identified the issues you require resolving our next task is to engineer the delivery of a desired outcome. To do so we utilise our full range of tool and approaches to deliver a value for money solution.
Our process improvement and project managers will break solutions into their component tasks and deliverables. We identify elements of our solution that directly benefit from process engineered delivery.
We have established legal service delivery teams in Manchester (UK) and St Louis (USA) where associate- supervised paralegals deliver technology-driven solutions.
Putting you in control of the buying decision
In tandem with solution design, our preference is to have an upfront conversation with you as to your budgetary constraints and attitude to risk. These conversations dictate our pricing proposition to you, ranging from the budgetary certainty of a fixed price approach through to a purely contingent approach where our fees will rely on a successful outcome.
Keeping you informed
We aspire to not only involve you in the buying decision but also to keep you fully informed throughout the project. Our automated reporting systems facilitate ‘change of course’ conversations before rather than after the event. Our objective is to avoid the unexpected surprise billing conversation post matter completion.
- Amongst the first to use artificial intelligence in the delivery of legal advice
- Pioneered radical pricing approaches that cut clients’ costs and increased fee certainty
- The first law firm to create a contract lawyer solution that broke new ground in the legal market
- The first law firm to create a division dedicated to solving legal operations problems through a combination of process, proprietary technology, andknow-how
- The only major global law firm to have built a proprietary workflow system for in-house legal teams
- Launched the first ‘managed legal service’ solution from a law firm to enable cost reduction through a fixed-fee outsourcing of a clients’ legal function
- Twice named the ‘World’s Most Innovative Law Firm’ by the International Legal Technology Association
- Ranked ‘Most Innovative Law Firm’ by Legal Business in 2017
- Named as a Value Champion by the Association of Corporate Counsel in recognition of driving value in the delivery of legal services through our work with client Red Robin to design, build and implement a comprehensive contract management system
- The first firm to win a case in the UK High Court using predictive coding technology
- BCLP Cubed Highly Commended by ‘Financial Times’ Innovative Lawyers: Europe Awards
- BCLP Cubed won the award for Best Business Innovation at the UK Managing Partner Forum Awards 2020
- Katie DeBord won the 2019 ABA Women of Legal Tech award
- BCLP won the AI Innovation Award at the Legal Week Innovation Awards 2019
- We won two awards at the 2019 Missouri Lawyer awards. One for BCLP Cubed’s Accelerated Review Team (ART) and the other for a joint venture between BCLP and Thompson Coburn LLP in the ‘new services or products that support Missouri’s legal community’ category for a their joint B-Ceen project.
- FT Innovative Lawyers North America 2018, Standout Awards in the Data, Knowledge & Intelligence and the Managing & Developing Talent categories
- Artificial Intelligence Innovation Award (Legal Week Innovation Awards, 2018)
- USA Fintech Banking Law Firm of the Year Award Winner (Finance Monthly Fintech Awards 2018)
- Highest-ranked law firm for innovation (Legal Business survey of 9,000 clients, 2017)
- Top 10 ‘game changer’ of the past 10 years (FT Innovative Lawyers 2015)
- Value Champion Award in recognition of driving value in the delivery of legal services through our work with client Red Robin to design, build and implement a comprehensive contract management system (Association of Corporate Counsel 2016)
- Christian Zust named ‘Young Professional of the Year’ (International Legal Technology Association Distinguished Peer Awards 2016)
- Finalist: Legal Innovator of the Year (Legal Business Awards 2015)
- Finalist: Best Leadership of Innovation (MPF Awards for Management Excellence 2015)
- Innovative Law Firm of the Year (International Legal Technology Association Distinguished Peer Awards 2014)
- Ranked 5th: Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe (FT Innovative Lawyers Awards, 2014)
- Commended: Innovation of the Year (Modern Law Awards, 2014)
- 'Standout’: Most Innovative Law Firm in Value Resourcing (FT Innovative Lawyers Awards, 2014)
- Commended: Most Innovative Law Firm in Corporate Strategy (FT Innovative Lawyers Awards, 2014)
- Commended: Most Innovative Law Firm in Dispute Resolution (FT Innovative Lawyers Awards 2014)
- Commended: Most Innovative Law Firm in Corporate & Commercial (FT Innovative Lawyers Awards 2014)
- Finalist: Law Firm Innovation Award (British Legal Awards 2014)
- Ranked in the top ten most innovative law firms in Europe (FT Innovative Lawyers Awards 2013)
- Innovative Law Firm of the Year (International Legal Technology Association Distinguished Peer Awards 2011)
- “The people are very client-focused; they’re very proactive in coming forward with solutions and always very responsive.”
- “We have the utmost faith in [BCLP] to understand the issue and present a solution.”
- “They feel like part of our business ... They are aware of our performance and are driven to help improve it.”
- “They feel like part of our business … They are aware of our performance and are driven to help improve it.”
- “[BCLP] worked with us to build a complete solution that included not only legal advice but also the processes and technologies necessary to put that advice into action. Their work has improved our law department’s functioning and relationship with the business units, and ultimately [our] revenues.”
- “We wanted risk-takers and partners that would be willing to work with us to create a new model for managing the law firm/in-house relationship.”
- “When we had finished designing the process together we realized it would be far more efficient that the process we operate today. As lawyers we like to think our work can’t be replicated, but once you see the scope and how far it can go, it’s exciting.”
- “No-one else has set out the relevant issues as clear as BLP.”
- “BCLP has created technology solutions that we as a law department actually need. You can tell that the technology was developed by lawyers for lawyers.”