Emerging Businesses and Venture Capital
- Medical device company since its formation through the sale of the company to a strategic acquiror, including in connection with convertible note and Series A Preferred Stock financings and day-to-day operations.
- Venture capital fund in its investments in more than 20 portfolio companies in various sectors, including agtech, software and healthcare.
- Strategic investor in a cross-border Series A Preferred Stock investment in an agricultural software company and later acquisition of the same company by the investor.
- Strategic investor in a Series A Preferred stock investment of a Caymans-registered early stage company in health informatics sector, various related transactions and subsequent acquisition of majority interest of the company.
- Direct-to-consumer apparel company in multiple venture-backed financing rounds.
- Natural language processing text analytics company in its multiple financing rounds by venture funds and strategic investors.
- Company developing AI-based contract negotiation platform in its financing and general corporate matters.
- Growth stage investor in its late stage investment in a nutrition technology company.
- Private investor group in connection with an investment in Class A LLC interests of a company providing sales, technology and recruiting services to property owners, operators, and developers.
- Medical device company in connection with sales of Series C Preferred Stock and convertible notes, as well as throughout the IPO process (withdrawn shortly before pricing).
- Founder team in sale of part of its equity to a venture fund specializing in secondary transactions.
- Agricultural development stage company in connection with a sale of Series D Preferred Stock to a strategic investor, with an option to purchase further equity.
Corporate Finance and Securities
- Advice to public companies regarding shareholder activism, Rule 14a-8 proposals, takeover defense planning, proxy contests, and shareholder rights plans.
- Agricultural company in connection with its registered offerings of $4.5 billion of senior notes and of $365 million of senior notes trading on GreTai Securities Exchange in Taiwan.
- Private equity fund in its preferred stock mezzanine investment in a company operating a real estate portfolio.
- Consumer products company in connection with several Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings of senior notes and common stock.
- Reinsurance company in connection with its registered offering of $400 million of fixed-to-floating rate subordinated debentures trading on the NYSE.
- Medical device company in its at-the-market common stock offering program and an offering of common stock in a “registered direct” offering.
- Industrial equipment company in its initial public offering.
- Public health care sector company in a registered $900 million block trade by its stockholders and a concurrent $300 million repurchase by the company from the stockholders.
- Advice to private companies on federal and state securities compliance relating to complex equity compensation plans and arrangements.
Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Corporate Restructurings; Complex Commercial Transactions
- Public health care sector company in a divestiture of a specialized therapy business through auction process involving private equity and strategic bidders.
- Management and founder team in structuring and documenting the rollover equity in a sale of the company to a private equity fund.
- A publicly traded company in its outsourcing of the marketing function.
- European manufacturer in the formation of a joint venture with U.S. partner.
- Independent directors of a publicly held health care services company in its sale to a publicly held competitor for cash and stock.
- Publicly held food sector company in connection with a spin-off of a division that included the issuance of $775 million of high yield notes under Rule 144A/Regulation S by the spin-off company.
- Various public and privately held companies in domestic and international entity restructurings involving mergers, stock and asset transfers and other transactions.