Webinar – Building a Business: Attracting, Motivating and Managing Talent
A cross-practice BCLP team presented a webinar discussing several key legal foundational considerations for start-up companies as they attract, motivate and manage talent on April 6.
BCLP Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Partner Adam Braun, Employment & Labor Partner Amanda Colvin, and Start-Up & Venture Capital Practice Partner Brendan Johnson reviewed some of the legal issues and best practices that start-up companies should consider when hiring and incentivizing employees and consultants. Topics covered included:
- Onboarding agreements and non-compete/non-solicit issues
- Classifying new hires as employees or contractors
- Common wage and hour issues and missteps
- Anti-discrimination, anti-harassment and anti-retaliation basics
- Compensation basics – base salary, bonus opportunities and employee benefits
- Equity incentives – types, tax considerations and best practices
This document provides a general summary and is for information/educational purposes only. It is not intended to be comprehensive, nor does it constitute legal advice. Specific legal advice should always be sought before taking or refraining from taking any action.