Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) again ranked by GCR 100 as an elite competition law firm
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP, formerly Goltsblat BLP in Russia, once again joins the Global Competition Review 100 2020 (GCR 100) Elite Group of law firms in competition law. The firm’s Partner and Head of Antitrust & Competition Nikolay Voznesenskiy and Partner Vitaly Dianov are mentioned among the leading experts in their field.
GCR 100 notes that, ‘though smaller than some of its rivals, the [Moscow office] team continues to be involved in major competition matters. The group often works closely with Andrew Hockley, Partner, who heads the firm’s global antitrust and competition practice. The client list includes international and national companies such as Mars, Federal Freight, John Deere and others.’
Among all the team’s high-profile mandates in 2019, GCR 100 singles out the following cases:
- The firm counselled Federal Freight, which the FAS found guilty of abusing its dominant position by setting excessively high prices. The team successfully challenged the enforcer’s decision on appeal, although that process remains ongoing.
- The team is willing to go toe-to-toe with the FAS, as it counsels the NOVATEK group in three linked court cases challenging the enforcer’s decisions. It was able to show in court that the client was not dominant and thus did not act anticompetitively in the wholesale gas supply market.
- After a dawn raid of Moscow-Cargo, the firm convinced the FAS that the company did not enter into an anticompetitive agreement with Russian airline Aeroflot to preclude other cargo operators from conducting business at Sheremetyevo International Airport.
- On the compliance front, the firm performed competition benchmarking for Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Russia, including a review of the drug maker’s policies and procedures.
Nikolay Voznesenskiy and Vitaly Dianov are among just a few GCR 100 lawyers also ranked by Who’s Who Legal – Competition and Who’s Who Legal – Competition: Future Leaders 2020.
The Antitrust & Competition Practice of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP is one of the strongest and biggest in Russia, with over 15 years’ antitrust experience. Furthermore, we are one of the few law firms in the country with a dedicated competition practice focusing on antitrust audits and litigations against the competition authorities.
According to topline international and Russian legal rankings and directories, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP is a recognised antitrust law services leader:
- Year after year, the team maintains top positions (Tier / Band 1) according to Chambers Europe, The Legal 500 and Pravo.ru
- Law Firm of the Year for Competition/Antitrust Law in Russia by Best Lawyers Awards 2018 and 2020. The rating also specifically recommends both Partners (Nikolay Voznesenskiy and Vitaly Dianov) and two Counsels (Alexander Muravinand Andrey Neminuschiy) of the firm’s dedicated team. Vitaly Dianov is also recognised as Lawyer of the Year in Competition / Antitrust Law by Best Lawyers 2020
- Head of Practice and Partner Nikolay Voznesenskiy has been ranked in Chambers Europe Band 1 for four years running and Partner Vitaly Dianov is mentioned among the leading lawyers (Band 3) by Chambers Europe 2019. Both Partners have also been recommended by The Legal 500 2019 and Pravo.ru-300 (Tier 1)
This document provides a general summary and is for information/educational purposes only. It is not intended to be comprehensive, nor does it constitute legal advice. Specific legal advice should always be sought before taking or refraining from taking any action.