Nathan Willmott joins City & Financial FCA Investigations and Enforcement Summit
London Partner Nathan Willmott will present at the FCA Investigations and Enforcement Summit, hosted by the City & Financial Global on May 18.
Join BCLP May 18 where European Leader of the firm’s Litigation and Investigations department and co-Leader of the firm’s Banking sector, Nathan Willmott, will be presenting on ‘Dealing with international and cross-border regulatory investigations’.
Nathan has a wealth of experience managing cross-border regulatory investigations, acting on enforcement proceedings and handling related litigation for financial institutions, listed companies, stock exchanges and individual members of senior management.
This Summit will provide much needed guidance and clarity on how you can reduce the likelihood of facing regulatory action and mitigate the impact of it on your organisation and senior managers. Other key topics include:
- The FCA’s enforcement priorities for 2021 and beyond
- The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on firms’ obligations to ensure appropriate systems and controls are maintained
- Conducting internal investigations: what are the risks to the organisation and the individual?
- Handling the investigation process: understanding the FCA’s remit, scope of investigation and powers
- Managing specific exposure to enforcement action in relation to money-laundering, SMCR, cyber-security and operational resilience
This document provides a general summary and is for information/educational purposes only. It is not intended to be comprehensive, nor does it constitute legal advice. Specific legal advice should always be sought before taking or refraining from taking any action.