Webinar Series: International Arbitration Practices, Strategies and Challenges
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP and Gornitzky & Co are hosting a four part series of webinars on International Arbitration Practices, Strategies and Challenges. The third session on 28 October provided an opportunity to hear about the following topics:
- How to select an arbitrator
- Whether industry knowledge is more important than case management experience
- The scope of confidentiality in arbitral proceedings
- The protection of sensitive information and trade secret as between the parties
- Claire Morel de Westgaver, BCLP
- Shai Sharvit, Gornitzky & Co
- Gavin Denton, Arbitration Chambers
- Dr. Patricia Shaughnessy, Arbitrator, Law Professor and Co-leader of SVAMC task force on tech & International Arbitration
- Nuna Lerner, Gornitzky & Co
Panellists welcomed Q&A from all participants following the presentation.
In case you missed it, you may listen to the webinar recording below:
The theme of the series is to address 'Why Arbitration?'
The first session held on 16 September covered Enforceability & finality: the New York Convention and appeals against arbitral awards.
The second session held on 14 October covered Flexibility and Virtual Hearings During and After the Pandemic.
The topics that will be covered in later sessions of the same series are:
- Arbitration, but at what price? Costs and Duration, Problems and Solutions
We very much hope that you will be able to join us.
This document provides a general summary and is for information/educational purposes only. It is not intended to be comprehensive, nor does it constitute legal advice. Specific legal advice should always be sought before taking or refraining from taking any action.