As Turkey aims to become the tenth largest economy in the world and third largest economy in Europe by 2023, its already important place in the global economy is becoming all the more significant. Recognizing Turkey’s economic goals and potential, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner has devoted substantial resources to its Turkey Practice.
Nafiz Cekirge, a Turkish-American attorney, heads Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner’s Turkey Practice. Mr. Cekirge’s native proficiency in both Turkish and English, as well as his understanding of the cultural and commercial norms in Turkey, make him and his team uniquely qualified to draw on Bryan Cave’s vast global resources to serve both Turkish clients with international legal needs and foreign companies with matters relating to Turkey.
Some of Bryan Cave Leighton Pauisner’s Turkey experience includes:
- Representation of Turkish national in connection with Special Prosecutor Mueller’s Investigation
- Representation of Turkish national in major international sweepstakes investigation conducted by the U.S. DOJ and U.S. Postal Service
- Representation of Canadian mining company in joint ventures with Turkish companies for mining in Turkey
- Representation of a Fortune 50 corporation in its joint venture with Japanese corporation to finance, construct and operate a $1.7 billion dollar power plant in Turkey
- Representation of Turkish construction company with respect to general foreign legal needs
- Representation of U.S. client regarding development of resort in Turkey
- Representation of Turkish company in breach of contract dispute relating to catering services in Iraq.
- Representation of Turkish bank in dispute with U.S. company concerning software services
- Representation of Turkish bottler in contract termination dispute with U.S. soft drink company
- Representation of Turkish power company with respect to general foreign legal needs
- Representation of high net worth individuals with respect to U.S. tax advice