Eva advises on all aspects of corporate restructuring, both strategic and distressed. Eva has experience advising investors, owners and lenders in relation to strategic opportunities to maximise value as well as contingency planning to mitigate losses. Eva focuses on complex real estate transactions, with experience across a range of sectors including hotels and leisure, health care and construction, including build to rent.
Eva has particular experience advising on strategic investment structuring and restructuring in relation to underlying real estate assets, including loan to own, synthetic equity structuring, joint venture investment and asset management.
Eva is fluent in Croatian.
Example's of Eva's recent work include:
- Acting for a global alternative investment fund in connection with the realisation of its investment in a prime hotel asset, structured through debt arrangements with synthetic equity controls.
- Acting for an investment vehicle indirectly owned by a Hong Kong listed conglomerate in connection with its investment in a 150 acre London development project, considering finance structuring options to create synthetic real estate investment via structured debt.
- Acting for a global fund focusing on distressed and credit-intensive assets on its strategic investment in a distressed retail property portfolio of 311 stores.
- Acting for specialist lender in connection with their distressed mezzanine investment in a residential development project.
- Acting for a family owned owner/operator and its wider group on the restructuring of a hotel portfolio comprising 18 luxury hotels across London and the South East plus two hotels currently under development, with estimated aggregate value in excess of £1.5bn.
- Acting for an owner/operator in connection with their strategic investment in an underperforming portfolio of seven Caribbean hotels.
- Acting for a global fund focusing on distressed and credit-intensive assets on its strategic investment in a JPUT structure which owns the UK’s largest leisure scheme of over 400,000 sq ft.
- Acting for owner and its wider group on a restructuring of a hotel portfolio comprising 10 hotels, which have an estimated aggregate value in excess of £550m.