Corporate Finance and Securities
- Advice to public companies regarding shareholder activism, Rule 14a-8 proposals, takeover defense planning, proxy contests, and shareholder rights plans.
- Agricultural company in connection with its registered offerings of $4.5 billion of senior notes and of $365 million of senior notes trading on GreTai Securities Exchange in Taiwan.
- Consumer products company in connection with its Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $600 million of senior notes, the registered exchange offer of such notes, and the registered offering of $500 million of senior notes.
- Reinsurance company in connection with its registered offering of $400 million of fixed-to-floating rate subordinated debentures trading on the NYSE.
- Medical device company in its at-the-market common stock offering program and an offering of common stock in a “registered direct” offering.
- Industrial equipment company in its initial public offering.
- Public health care sector company in a registered $900 million block trade by its stockholders and a concurrent $300 million repurchase by the company from the stockholders.
Emerging Businesses and Venture Capital
- Medical device company since its formation in 2013 through the sale of the company to a strategic acquiror in 2016, including in connection with convertible note and Series A Preferred Stock financings and day-to-day operations.
- Venture capital fund in its portfolio company investments.
- Strategic investor in a cross-border Series A Preferred Stock investment in an agricultural software company and later acquisition of the same company by the investor.
- Strategic investor in a Series A Preferred stock investment of a Caymans-registered early stage company in health informatics sector and various related transactions.
- Mobile app company in event organizing industry in connection with investments in its Series A and Series B Preferred Stock and convertible notes.
- Private investor group in connection with an investment in Class A LLC interests of a company providing sales, technology and recruiting services to property owners, operators, and developers.
- Medical device company in connection with sales of Series C Preferred Stock and convertible notes, as well as throughout the IPO process (withdrawn shortly before pricing).
- Agricultural development stage company in connection with a sale of Series D Preferred Stock to a strategic investor, with an option to purchase further equity.
Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Restructurings, Spin-Offs
- Public health care sector company in a divestiture of a specialized therapy business through auction process involving private equity and strategic bidders.
- Global manufacturing and technology company in numerous transactions, including the acquisitions of a UK-based privately held safety equipment manufacturer, a safety equipment manufacturer controlled by a private equity firm and a privately held reliability consulting services business, and the divestiture of a power equipment division to a private equity firm as an add-on to its portfolio company.
- Independent directors of a publicly held health care services company in its sale to a publicly held competitor for cash and stock.
- Publicly held food sector company in connection with a spin-off of a division that included the issuance of $775 million of high yield notes under Rule 144A/Regulation S by the spin-off company.
- Various public and privately held companies in domestic and international entity restructurings involving mergers, stock and asset transfers and other transactions.