- Represented General Moly, Inc. in connection with (a) the $80 million equity investment by Hanlong (USA) Mining Investment, Inc., associated $20 million bridge loan and commitment to make available $665 million in construction financing related to the Mt. Hope Mine and (b) the $20 million equity investment by AMER International Group Co., Ltd.
- Represented Cimarex Energy Co. in connection with the offering of $350,000,000 7⅛% senior notes due 2017
- Public offerings and private offerings (including PIPE transactions) of equity or debt securities for numerous clients, including: eCollege.com; Evolving Systems, Inc.; Stifel Nicolaus & Company, Inc.; Michael's Stores, Inc.; Sterling Software, Inc.; Kevco, Inc.; Stevens International, Inc.
Significant Merger and Acquisition Transactions
- Represented IHSMarkit in acquisition of Macroeconomics Advisers
- Represented Taqua Holdings in the $20 million (plus earn out) sale of Taqua LLC to Sonus Networks
- Represented Anschutz Entertainment Group in (i) the $30+ million sale of the NY/NJ MetroStars and related assets to Red Bull GmbH, (ii) the $33 million sale of DC United and related assets to MacFarlane-Chang, LLC, (iii) the sale of The Chicago Fire and related assets to Andell Holdings, (iv) the sale of a significant minority interest in the Houston Dynamo to Golden Boy Sports and Entertainment and Brener Sports and Entertainment and (v) the sale of a controlling interest in the Houston Dynamo and BBVA Compass Stadium to an affiliate of Brener Sports and Entertainment
- Represented Basic Energy Services in the $180 million purchase of the Maverick Companies
- Represented CSG Systems, Inc. in the $30 million acquisition of Telution, Inc. and the $45 million acquisition of Prairie Voice Services, Inc.
- Represented Altobridge Limited in connection with the acquisition of the MNS business from ADC Telecommunications, Inc.
- Represented The Davis Service Group Plc in the $47 million acquisition of RentX Industries, Inc. and acted as U.S. counsel in connection with £145 million disposition of HSS Hire Service Corp., Plc.
- Represented Evolving Systems, Inc. in the $37 million acquisition of Tertio Telecoms, Ltd. and the $39 million sale of its Number Solutions Business to Neustar, Inc., as well as other acquisition and disposition transactions
- Represented UnitedGlobalCom in the disposition of Mexican Cable television assets to Cablemás
Significant Financing Transactions
- Represented Las Vegas Arena Owner (a joint venture of affiliates of MGM Resorts and Anschutz Entertainment Group) in connection with the $200,000,000 financing of the T-Mobile Arena
- Represented Anschutz Entertainment Group and its affiliates in connection with the $70,500,000 financing of BBVA Compass Stadium (senior secured loan facility, tax increment revenue zone financing, and new market tax credit financing)
- Represented Anschutz Entertainment Group and its affiliates in connection with the €130,000,000 senior secured loan facilities from Eurohypo AG with respect to the O2 World Arena in Berlin, Germany
- Represented Anschutz Entertainment Group and its affiliates in connection with the €55,000,000 senior secured loan facilities from Eurohypo AG with respect to the Color Line Arena
- Represented Anschutz Entertainment Group and its affiliates in connection with the $281,000,000 and €105,000,000 senior secured term loan facilities with respect to The O2 Arena in London, England