A market-leader in the Real Estate, Hospitality and Project sectors, Andrew has extensive experience in dealing with infrastructure developments, mixed-use and hospitality & leisure projects. For well over 25 years in Asia he has been representing developers, owners, institutional investors, governments and statutory corporations. His practice involves projects throughout Asia. He has a regional practice and is best known for his work across Hong Kong, Macau, Mainland China, Vietnam and Thailand.
- Represents developers, owners, institutional investors, governments and statutory corporations.
- Extensive experience in dealing with infrastructure developments and mixed-use projects including drafting and negotiating the full range of corporate and commercial agreements required for such projects (includes JV/ concession / developer agreements and leases.)
- Regularly advises on the drafting and negotiation of hotel management and related agreements and has been involved in transactions (acting primarily for owners) involving more than 50 hotel and lodging brands. These include the Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, Marriott, Intercontinental, Sofitel, Grand Hyatt, Aman, Shangri-la, St. Regis, W, Sheraton, Regent, Mandarin Oriental, Six Senses, Meridien, Novotel and other brands for hotels and serviced apartments.
- Regular writer on hotel topics and a regular presenter and moderator at hotel and real estate conferences.
- Co-chaired the Asian Hospitality Development Council for ULI (Urban Land Institute). For over 2 years, he chairs the M&A Deal of The Year Awards at HICAP and sits on the advisory board of HICAP.
- Has been a long-standing member of the HK General Chamber’s RE & Infrastructure Committee and now an active member of the British Chamber Real Estate Committee and its Business Policy Unit.
- He also chairs the Trustee Board of the Home of Loving Faithfulness.
He is "willing to argue his corner," and also to "stand firm if he thinks he is giving the right advice." Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific, 2021.
Clients are impressed with his ability to provide clarity on complex issues, with one stating: “He’s a good communicator and is able to explain the potential challenges and solutions to the client.” Chambers and Partners Asia Pacific, 2020.
He is very “candid, sensible and efficient.” Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2020.