Graham Shear is the Co-Leader of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner’s Commercial Disputes Practice. He also co-leads the firm’s Sports and Entertainment Sector. Graham has over 25 years’ experience as a commercial litigator both in the UK and internationally. Graham acts for banks, corporates, governments, high net worth individuals and entrepreneurs together with a broad mix of those in the sport and entertainment industry. His experience is far reaching and includes:
- contractual and shareholder disputes, specialist rights protection, complex recoveries and professional negligence;
- complex and diverse fraud and internal investigation cases, which are often multi-jurisdictional;
- deploying strategy and tactics in crisis management;
- being a trusted advisor to Boards of large multinational Corporates, high net worth individuals and politicians on a range of commercial, legal and reputational issues;
- advising individuals and third parties in the sport and entertainment industry on a range of issues, including finance, defamation, privacy and crisis management; and
- acting for finance companies' extending finance to the sport sector, as well as providing specialist advice to football clubs and regulators regarding sport regulation and governance.
Graham is recognised in the legal directories as a leader in commercial litigation, defamation, sport law and civil fraud.