Year In Review: 2020 Food, Beverage & Supplement Litigation Round-Up
The global pandemic, stay at home orders, and government issued lockdowns did not stop 2020 from being yet another active year for new regulatory activity and litigation targeting the food, beverage and supplement industries.
In this round-up, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP presents a collection of regulatory developments, key court decisions, and notable settlements that were reached in 2020.
The highlights of this 2020 round-up include:
- New federal and state legislation governing food labeling, packaging, and taxation
- Litigation trends within the food industry
- COVID-19 related litigation and regulation
- An update on regulations and litigation regarding CBD-based products
- Slack fill litigation update
- Plant-based product litigation update
- Prop 65 and food safety update
- Notable rulings and settlements
- A preview of areas to watch in 2021
This document provides a general summary and is for information/educational purposes only. It is not intended to be comprehensive, nor does it constitute legal advice. Specific legal advice should always be sought before taking or refraining from taking any action.