Year in Review: 2021 Food, Beverage & Supplement Litigation Round-Up
While the impact of the global pandemic continued to be felt throughout 2021, the year was yet another active one for new regulatory activity and litigation targeting the Food, Beverage, and Supplement industries.
In this round-up, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP presents a collection of regulatory developments, key court decisions, and notable settlements that were reached in 2021.
The highlights of this 2021 round-up include:
- New federal and state legislation and regulation governing food labeling, packaging, and ingredients
- Litigation trends within the food industry
- Food safety modernization update
- Multifunction ingredient lawsuit updates
- Plant-based product litigation update
- Slack fill litigation update
- Animal raising and welfare litigation
- Prop 65 and food safety update
- COVID-19 related litigation and regulation updates
- Notable rulings and settlements
- A preview of areas to watch in 2022
This document provides a general summary and is for information/educational purposes only. It is not intended to be comprehensive, nor does it constitute legal advice. Specific legal advice should always be sought before taking or refraining from taking any action.