Lou Spelios has a global transactions practice which focuses on buy-side mergers and acquisitions, private equity recapitalizations, and general business law. Mr. Spelios' clients are public and private corporations, including private-equity-backed enterprises.
Recent transactions include:
- Acquisition of Avintiv, Inc. by client Berry Plastics Corporation (NYSE: BERY) for $2.45 billion.
- Acquisition of AEP, Inc. (NASDAQ: AEPI) by client Berry Plastics Corporation (NYSE: BERY) for $765 million.
- Recapitalization of client Document Technologies, LLC by OMERS Private Equity.
- Acquisition of US Floors, Inc. by client Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
- Acquisition of Equator, LLC by client Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (NASDAQ: ASPS) for $70 million, plus a potential $80 million earnout.
- Acquisition of the Legal Services Division of Merrill Corporation by client Document Technologies, LLC.