Our Antitrust Class Action Team defends antitrust class action litigation across the full spectrum of competition issues. These include allegations of monopolization and attempted monopolization (including predatory pricing, refusals to deal, and product bundling), resale restrictions (including pricing and customer and territorial restraints), price discrimination and arrangements among members of the same industry (including price-fixing, bid-rigging, group boycotts and information-sharing).
Some of our team members have held senior positions with and have experience before federal antitrust enforcement agencies, as well as the Judiciary Committees of the Senate and the House of Representatives.
Our antitrust class action experience includes the following representative cases:
- Represent municipal bond underwriter and broker, George K. Baum & Company, in multiple class actions presently consolidated in MDL proceedings, alleging bid-rigging in the municipal derivatives markets.
- Obtained dismissal at pleading stage of 52 class actions filed against Saia, Inc. across the nation (many in California) after MDL consolidation in Georgia.
- Defended multiple class and individual actions regarding an alleged international price-fixing cartel, and successfully opposed plaintiffs’ effort to consolidate cases within existing MDL proceedings.
- Successfully defended Fender Musical Instruments Corporation against 40 antitrust price-fixing matters in MDL in Southern District of Florida; affirmed in precedential 9th Circuit Opinion.
- Obtained dismissal of MDL alleging price-fixing against country's largest self-move truck rental organization; affirmed by the Eleventh Circuit in precedential opinion.
- Represented Blue Cross in a class action brought by physicians, alleging price-fixing and other claims.
- Obtained dismissal of $100M + claims against private water company in two consolidated class actions alleging consumer fraud and antitrust violations arising from purported conspiracy relating to delivery of water and sewer services in a new development north of Phoenix.
- Successfully resolved criminal issues and federal direct purchaser treble damage class actions consolidated in Missouri, as well as four state indirect purchaser class actions, against client.