Our team has represented:
- A global manufacturer and provider of industrial automation, process controls, electronics and telecommunication products and services in a wide range of disputes, including relating to:
- Employee raiding;
- Misappropriation of trade secrets; and
- Noncompetition covenants.
- A leading, national department store retailer in several noncompete disputes against former high-level executives, including cases in which nationwide injunctive relief was granted.
- A national collections receivables company in litigation asserting trade secret and breach of the duty of loyalty claims against a former high-level executive.
- A global technology and manufacturing company engaged in the engineering, design and manufacture of customized thermal process systems in a noncompete dispute against its former Managing Director, Asia.
- A company specializing in providing placement services in a number of noncompete and related matters.
- An investment advisor business in two restrictive covenant cases filed against a total of five former employees.
- Obtaining an injunction in the High Court in London to enforce a garden leave claim to prevent an employee joining a competitor (now a leading precedent decision).
- Insurance brokerage firms in trade secret, noncompete and related disputes against former employees/brokers.
- An international sales motivation company in noncompete litigation against a former top salesman/producer.
- A multi-national packager in an arbitration proceeding in which the company was pursuing breach of contract claims and defending against unfair competition and trade secret claims. Following a 17 day arbitration hearing, our client prevailed on its contract claim and all of the defendants’ counterclaims, and recovered compensatory damages as well as attorneys’ fees.
- A global consumer products company in providing strategic advice on the inclusion of confidentiality, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements and clauses at hire and at termination for employees in Asia and Latin America.
- Clients in providing strategic advice on the enforceability of restrictive covenants in connection with mass terminations affecting employees in major economies in Asia and Latin America.
- Numerous clients in preparing, reviewing and/or revising noncompete and similar agreements, including for employees in Missouri, Illinois, New York, North Carolina, Georgia, Michigan, and also in connection with a number of sale-of-business and other transactions throughout the United States, in Europe, the United Kingdom and Russia, as well as globally with the assistance of local resources in jurisdictions such as China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, India, Mexico and Brazil.