Briefcase - Quarterly Update - Key Real Estate Cases - March 2021
Briefcase: Quarterly update on key real estate cases including:
- The Financial Conduct Authority v Arch Insurance (UK) Ltd and others  UKSC 1 (Supreme Court)
A testing case about business interruption insurance.
- Faiz and Others v Burnley Borough Council  EWCA Civ 55 (Court of Appeal)
Court waves off waiver arguments in forfeiture dispute.
- Bernel Ltd v Canal and River Trust  EWH
Watercourse rights wash out hampers redevelopment plans.
- Aviva Investors Ground Rent GP Ltd and another v Williams and others  EWCA Civ 27 (Court of Appeal)
Residential lease service charge variation clause survives with modification.
- Fishbourne Developments Limited v Stephens  EWCA Civ 1704 (Court of Appeal)
£1 option to acquire farm at 30% discount not triggered by pitched roof.
This document provides a general summary and is for information/educational purposes only. It is not intended to be comprehensive, nor does it constitute legal advice. Specific legal advice should always be sought before taking or refraining from taking any action.