Companies know that active participation in the world market expands their world of opportunity. Doing business in the international arena requires navigating a wide array of statutes and regulations across multiple jurisdictions which govern the movement of goods, technology, software, people and services across borders. Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner has long counseled clients in successfully complying with these laws, helping them to chart a path through the complex intersections of government requirements and their strategic business goals. As trusted advisers to our clients, we provide counsel on the range of challenging issues that come into play when you do business in multiple jurisdictions.
With International Trade lawyers located across the United States and Europe, we offer strategic and operational advice to clients engaging in global trade and international business across a range of industries including the computer, information technology, telecommunications, software, electronics, process management, aviation and aerospace, consumer products, retail, chemical and pharmaceutical sectors.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Export Controls and Economic Sanctions: We advise multinationals on all aspects of compliance with export and import controls, and the application of sanctions.
- Customs and VAT Law: We counsel importers on Customs compliance, including audits and focused assessments, and on matters affecting their daily operations from tariff classifications to import licenses and country of origin markings. We also advise on Customs seizures in the U.S. and Russia.
- Trade Policy and Trade Remedies: Our attorneys help multinationals navigate the complex global trade environment with advice on global trade policies including Brexit, free trade agreements, the World Trade Organization and others. We also advise on trade remedies, anti-dumping and countervailing duties and safeguards measures in the U.S., the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) and other key markets.
- Anti-Corruption: Our team, along with the firm's Investigations, Financial Regulation and White Collar Group, advises on internal investigations of questionable payments and defense of charges as well as advising on compliance and training programs.
- International Investment and Market Access: We represent private equity funds and corporate clients investing and operating in Europe and Asia. We also represent non-U.S. clients with transactional, regulatory and dispute resolution matters in the United States.
- Global Mobility and Regulatory Compliance: We support companies mobilizing and managing global workforces in conjunction with expanding their international footprint. Our advice takes into consideration the regulatory environment in both the domestic and international context, with respect to corporate, tax and data privacy issues, among other key areas.
Many of our International Trade lawyers are fluent in several languages in addition to English, including Arabic, Danish, French, German, Italian, Mandarin, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish and Swedish, and we draw upon additional language capabilities across the firm to serve our clients globally.