Carol co-leads the EMEA M&A and Corporate Finance team in London. She is a dual-qualified lawyer in the UK and the U.S., who has thirty years of experience advising private and public companies on complex corporate legal issues, including cross-border mergers and acquisitions (M&A), high value commercial agreements, and strategic business matters.
Her mid-cap domestic and international M&A experience includes advising on investments, acquisitions, disposals and divestures (including distressed and special situations), joint ventures and strategic alliances for private equity, venture capital and strategic investors.
Carol advises on public and private securities offerings as well as U.S. federal securities law reporting and compliance.
Although Carol's practice covers a range of industries, she has particular expertise working with manufacturers, retailers and private equity investors in the retail sector.
- California Bar Association
- “Winning business from a general counsel (for the long term)”, Solicitor’s Journal, August 2016
- “What will the price be for retailers after Brexit?”, RetailGazette, July 2016
- "Role models for change", Briefing, March 2016
- “Virtual Roundtable – Mergers & Acquisitions 2013,” Corporate LiveWire, December 2013
- "Disclosure in M&A Transactions: UK and US Perspectives," Corporate LiveWire Expert Guide: Mergers & Acquisitions, June 2013
- Quoted, "Looking in the Mouth of the Gift Card," CFO, September 2011
- “Corporate Governance Part II: Best Practices,” Association of Corporate Counsel Seminar Series, September 2010
- "Liabilities of General Partners of Venture Capital Funds: Old Legal Theories Create New Business Realities," California Business Law Reporter, July 2002 (Part 1) and August 2002 (Part 2)
- "Practical Restraints in Applying the General Solicitation or Advertising Prohibition to Limited Offerings in California," California Business Law Practitioner Vol. VI, No. 1, Winter 1991
- "Disclosure Schedules in M&A: Seller and Buyer Perspectives on Preparing and Updating Disclosures" (speaker), Strafford Webinars, January 2016
- "How to win (and sometimes lose) work from General Counsel" (panelist), Business Leadership Summit, London, September 2015
- “Current Trends in the IPO Market” (Panelist), Association for Corporate Growth UK, London, April 2014
- “Financing methods, post-merger integration policies and key sectors and industries facing first time acquirers,” Corporate Live Wire, Mergers and Acquisitions Virtual Roundtable, December 2013